Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Crock-Pot Recipe and Reaping the Rewards of Intentionality

I feel like my intentionality to be productive this week has really paid off. Homework is up to date, and (almost) ahead of the game. I have even found time to cross a few things off the 'honey do' list I had written for myself. Today I re-potted some indoor plants, including our Christmas cactus that had started to grow a very strange neon green fungus!

Yesterday, I managed to make time to re-organize my linen closet. I know it makes me sound like a dork, but it gives me such joy to look at it now - perhaps I will even find a picture to post so you can tell me how fab it looks!

Late today the snow began to fall and there is a layer of white over the garden. So far the roads have stayed clear; wet but clear. I guess we'll see if the drop in temps tonight will bring any more snow. I know it is a bit inconvenient for commuters, but I confess I love to wake up to a blanket of white outside.

This post is a little random but I wanted to include a yummy crock pot recipe we just ate for dinner. So simple and so good. With our produce box arriving each week I am trying hard to use all the fresh produce before it goes bad. Grapefruit for breakfast, pears to snack on. We have had a blood orange, avocado, spinach salad with dinner for the past two nights, and today it was the turn of the yams and the onions.

I had seen a recipe like this on a blog I saw a little while back but this is what I put in my crock pot and it was delicious.

2 chicken breasts, halved and then sliced into strips
1 yellow onion
1 large yam, cut into small chunks (if they are bigger it will need longer to cook)
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 C orange juice
1/4 C chicken stock (or water)
3 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

I put the chicken on the bottom of the crock, layered the chopped onion and then the potato. I put the spices into the measuring cup with the orange juice and chicken stock and then poured the whole thing over the top. I cooked it on low for 5 hours.

I also cooked the rice in the rice cooker using coconut milk instead of water which added a little something tasty!

Easy, simple and so very good.

My intentionality continues to reap it's rewards because now I can say to you "I am going to go and continue scrapbooking"

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...