Monday, January 4, 2010

New year, new you?

I love January. It is always so full of possibility. I don't know why that specific date, January 1st seems to be the catalyst for change in so many of us. I love the new year celebration and the opportunity to take a good hard look at the life we are living. I always see places where my priorities have slipped. Things I would say are important in my life but I am not giving them the time they deserve, and seeing where other things are consuming my time when I would put them at a much lower priority.
I have seen how easy it is for me to spend an hour getting lost on Facebook, and yet am unable to find anytime to have a quiet time, how does that happen? For me it happens when I am not making a plan. Something about writing down my intentions for a day, having a schedule makes life work better for me. After I have been doing something for a while I don't need to write everything down, but I still need to think out my day.

There are always some areas in my life that need a little tune up at this time of year. I always feel more like myself in January than December.

This year has started really well so far, we're 4 days in and so far all is well. I have made time to sit and journal and read my Bible in a way that I haven't done in a while, it feel good, and other stuff seems to fit into place much more easily when that's happening. I am finding time to make the list I need for the day. I have meals scheduled and shopped for, for the week ahead to make it easier not to snack on junk while I try and figure out what to make for dinner after I am already hungry! I have turned the computer off after I check email and Facebook first thing in the morning. Leaving me hours and hours in the day to spend doing other things which actually fill my soul and make my spirit sing!

My lovely husband bought me a camera for Christmas which I am excited to learn more about, I also got given a book which explains everything about my particular camera and now I have time to learn. I know I will love using my camera to capture our life and special events in the future

Especially since having my own kitchen I am loving to cook and I am excited for more time to experiment. I am wanting to explore growing a garden this summer and cooking with my own produce! I am not a gardener by nature, so this endeavor will require some research and trips to the nursery!

I am also looking forward to having more routine in our lives as home-owning married people! Jeremy and I are joining a bi-weekly small group for newly married couple which I am sure will build us some more community and we feel blessed to have an opportunity to journey with other couple in the same place of life as others as well as having input from the couple leading who have been married for longer and can offer some words of wisdom and experience!
As we continue to get our house into shape, we are looking ahead to more things we can make our own, and I am getting into more of a routine as far as housework and keeping things clean and tidy (the way I like it!)

There is so much to look forward to in 2010 and that's only the stuff we are planning for, I am sure that God has other things in store for our journey that will surprise us I say, "Bring it on. I'm January girl, I'm a force to be reckoned with!!"

This is us welcoming in the New Year from our friends rooftop! Happy New Year to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...