Sunday, June 6, 2010

Thoughts from Sunday

I have mentioned before how much I love being a part of our Church, and I truly, truly do. When I think back to a few short years ago, the first time I set foot in the doors knowing only the friends I had gone with, it seems crazy how influential this space and those who call it home would come to be in my life. Tonight I had some crazy love for the gift Bethany Community is to me.

Pastor Richard spoke on Romans 15 tonight and it has left many thoughts in my head about the role we as Christians are called to play in displaying that God's love and Kingdom transcends race, class, politics and on and on. Am I playing my part well? Am I making God's reign visible by loving people outside of my sphere?

My favourite thought from tonight's message was this, "You don't have to know someone well to bless them, and you don't have to agree with someone to bless them". Sometimes I can feel overwhelmed by relationships in my life. So many people to keep track of. The question of "who needs what from me?" can just be too a lot to get my head around!! I had a revelation that this holds me back from entering into Gods story fully because I am unwilling to reach out to new people. Even in the smallest of ways, like buying the Real Change newspaper from the homeless guy outside the store, or asking the woman crying at the park if everything is ok, or simply saying good morning to the elderly gentleman walking around the lake by my house. I want to step out and be a blessing. Lord, lead me this week to better reflect your love to all those in my world. Best friends and strangers alike.

"So I pray that God, who gives you hope, will keep you happy and full of peace as you believe in him. May you overflow with hope through the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...