Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful for dessert

You can tell it's the holiday season because there are flour, chocolate and pumpkin fingerprints all over my kitchen! While I would never want my baby boy to be sick, it has given me the opportunity to whip up some lovely fall desserts.

Firstly, I made this Pear Crumble Pie from my favourite blog Annie's Eats, it was simple and smells amazing, it was supposed to be for a dinner last night, but we decided to reschedule so that we kept our germs to ourselves, so now it jumped up to take the spot on the table of our Thanksgiving Eve dinner with our special friends, Tim and Sarah. I'll let you know how it tastes!

I am typing this as I am waiting for my Thanksgiving day dessert to finish baking, it's taking longer than expected which always makes me nervous but I hope that it turns out ok. It is this Pumpkin Chocolate Dessert cake. I like recipes like this one because I can make it the day before and just finish off the glaze tomorrow before serving. I dislike spending too much time in the kitchen on holidays!

Levi continues to smile through his sickness, he doesn't get that good sick attitude from J or me, we are both a bit pathetic when we are under the weather but he is a star. He seems to be feeling much better today, our humidifier purchase yesterday seems to make a difference to how well he slept - we are all appreciative of that -  and today he is napping better too so I know his nose is less blocked which is a very good thing because over the past few days he has developed a hatred for the nasal bulb syringe!

I just love this time of year, and this year especially I have so much to be thankful for. Due to early pregnancy last year the holiday season was a bit of a bust. A mix of nausea and uncertainty tainted the festivities so this year I have to make up for it. We sort of missed the boat for thanksgiving/fall entertaining with being gone for a few weeks and Thanksgiving being so early in the month, but I hope we can get some fun Christmas parties and entertaining on the books soon :) Me and my kitchen are ready for cranberry season :)

Ok, gotta get my cake out of the oven before Buggy wakes up.

Wishing you all a very happy Thanksgiving, I encourage you to take the opportunity to show those you love how much you appreciate them. I know I don't do that enough, and I know that I am most thankful for the family and friends that I have been blessed with.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...