Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Getting our groove back

We have been "home" for 3 1/2 days. We had one day of weekend - which to be honest we lived in a haze of jet lag, and after that we were back to real life.

Jeremy started work bright and early Monday morning. But actually we both started Monday off bright and early, me at 3am and him at 5am. We got up, I cooked breakfast - yes, I cooked breakfast on a week day! Jeremy was out the door by 7am and then I was left to my own devices. Laundry, organising, thank you card writing, running errands, cleaning, friends stopping by, making dinner. That was my day.

Then Jeremy came home. We ate dinner together and then he headed out to worship band rehearsal. He left at 7pm and bed was already calling my name. I gave in at 8pm and got ready for bed, just watching TV to keep me awake because reading my book had truly been a lullaby to my sleepy body! Before 9pm Jeremy came home and the "stay awake, stay awake, stay awake" switch in me clicked off. It felt like a wonderful dream as I snuggled down under the covers and let my heavy eyelids close.

I woke up a little later Tuesday morning, around 5.30am(!) and got ready to go back to work myself.

While we were in England, Jeremy and I spent two whole weeks together, 24/7 pretty much. Now we're back we have just a few sleepy minutes in the morning and then a snatch of time in the evening when we are tired from work, hungry for dinner and trying to get our own projects crossed off the lists in our heads.

I think it will take a few more days for us to fully get our groove back. We are both feeling a little discombobulated at present.

So many emotions have hit us over the past few weeks, not to mention so many time zones. It feels like what we have experienced, seen and learned makes it impossible to just slip back into life here again. Too much has changed now, and we have to work through those changes and figure out who we are again. I guess it's OK if that takes a little time. Slowly does it...we'll just continue this process tonight over dinner!


Here we are at the top of the Eiffel tower, just one of the adventures we took in the last couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...