Monday, March 14, 2011

Cough! Sneeze!

There is nothing like the hum of your husband sleeping soundly beside you while you cough and splutter through the night, tossing and turning so congested you can't sleep to make you really bitter!

I am over it now, almost...it's 3pm.

I am still in Pajamas under a blanket trying to blog and struggling because my eyes are watery from this cold.

I have not been this sick in a very long time. I woke up a few days ago with a nasty sore throat, and by the end of the day thought that was the end of it and carried on as normal besides consuming gallons of hot water with lemon and honey. But I woke up every day to the same sore, sore throat. Then last night I was so congested I couldn't sleep at all. Coughing, sneezing, unable to breathe through my nose. It was a sad state of affairs.

I finally got a few hours of sleep this morning but woke up feeling sick to my stomach because of all the ick I had swallowed! Plus my head had begun to pound. And I knew in that moment that this day would be a right off.

I have the hardest time doing nothing. It drives me crazy. I always have multiple projects on the go, not to mention homework, housework. I like to keep my hands busy. But today I have no energy and no desire to pick up any projects. I have finals for my classes on Monday so I have a lot of last week homework and revision to do...but my weeping eyes are making it hard to focus on that too!

This morning I did set some small goals. I had a few bills to pay so I called and took care of those. Good thing too because my voice has since left me to fend for myself!

So I will just accept this is about all I have in me today. I am trying to find beauty, inspired by a friend's blog. The love cup I have been drinking from for the last few days, a special gift from my friend Anjie, beautiful tulips and hyacinths from the farmer's market this weekend, the ice cold fresh pineapple I have been devouring and the beautiful fireplace that my hubby was working on all weekend.

Even in this foggy headed state there is so much that brings me joy.

Now I am going to find the Real Housewives on my DVR (not sure there is much beauty there) and hey, don't judge me, I 'm sick!!

Stay well friends x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...