Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Only 4 more sleeps!!!!

So Christmas joy has finally got to our house. Christmas joy and the flu...I could have done without the second thing. We were both feeling pretty off this weekend but I wonder if my symptoms were more sympathy symptoms because I feel fine without anything really coming to a head, but poor J has been in bed for the last few days with the shivers and an achy body. He has been sleeping in the other room to try and avoid giving me his germs. That feels weird. It's like we had a fight I don't know about or something! I hate not sleeping next to him.

Thankfully, he seems to be on the mend today which I am very happy about because it would be so sad for him to be sick over Christmas.

I opened door 21 on my Cadbury's chocolate advent calendar today. So glad that my mum still send me one of those each year. Honestly, the anticipation that comes from opening a little door each day is crazy. I am a grown woman yet this little tradition certainly helps my Christmas spirit soar!

Last Christmas was tough. We had so many unanswered questions about our pregnancy losses and our future as parents. We didn't know what our family was going to look like or how we were going to get there. This Christmas we have hope. So much hope.

We don't always understand the ways God works, but we have continued to surrender our plans and our family to His plans and we know he is faithful. We know our family will be a reflection of his love for us. And we look forward to sharing the story of our family as a continued testimony of Gods faithfulness.

This year J and I gave ourselves a Christmas budget - Thanks Dave Ramsey! We have been putting money aside all year in our Christmas fund and now I get to spend it. This sounded great until I realised I had to make a plan to keep on budget. This is not good news for a free-spirit-Christmas-spender! I feel as though J is the person who will notice the budget the most under the tree this year. I love to buy him things and this year, I had to restrict myself. So this year, I hope my hugs and kisses can make up for the lack of presents from me - assuming her is not longer contagious of course, otherwise hell have to take a rain check!

Welcome if you are here from ICLW - Please let me know you stopped by, and if you are interested in our journey so far, please check out the post on the left-hand side.

Only 4 more sleeps people!!!

5 comments:

  1. Good for you for doing Dave Ramsey. We keep talking about it, but thus far that's as far as we've made it unfortunately. I'd imagine Christmas makes sticking with it even harder. Way to go!

    ICLW #17

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for making a budget! It's hard at Christmas. I have the bad habit of buying early (oooh...look at me...so smug and organized...) and then I get carried away by the holiday frenzy and suddenly find myself wild-eyed at the mall, picking up "just one more thing" on Christmas Eve. So ridiculous! Happy holidays! Hope your other half feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, girl the flu bug hit our house too. I've had it but thankfully hubby hasn't gotten it. Hopefully he avoids it! Hoping your hubby is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stopping by from ICLW

    Glad you are feeling better. Being sick sucks this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I need to try a Christmas budget. Good for u for saving all year long! What a great idea. Hope everyone in ur home feels better now! ICLW#33

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...