Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Desert Song

Last night Jeremy and I rode on his motorcycle to Carkeek park after work. We had packed a picnic and went down to the beach where we ate delicious heirloom tomato and basil salad, french bread, good cheese, and strawberries for dessert. We sat on towels leaning against driftwood watching as the sun set behind the mountains over the water. It was breathtaking. Just a moment where I knew God's presence tangibly. What is extra special about that is that it is a totally answer to prayer. I received some prayers via email from friends and they nearly all mentioned experiencing the presence of God in a real way in our sadness. So thank you friends, and thank you Lord. You are worthy to be praised!

It reminded me of the lyrics of a song which a friend sent to me recently. It wasn't a new song to me, but in the midst of our sadness about this miscarriage it became a true anthem. "All of my life, in every season, You are still God and I have a reason to worship"

Wherever you are today, whether it is a sad or joyful time in your life, I hope that it blesses you.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chrissie, since I was on a blogging break last week, I totally missed out on hearing your heatbreaking news. I am so very sorry for your loss, and am sending a big bloggy hug your way. As I was reading today's post, I was thinking how much alike we are! The delights of a motorcycle ride, picnic, sunset, heirloom tomatoes, and cheese! That's me all over! - I'm so glad to hear that your evening was a blessing and a comfort from God. I'm so thankful for those times! I wanted to encourage you, during this time that God has chosen a family of 2 for you, to really delight in each other and the spontaneity, privacy, and freedom you enjoy being just husband and wife. Once you have kiddos, it will never be the same, so enjoy every blessed moment! We've been married for 11 years now, with no children by choice, and really couldn't be happier! Our marriage is so strong and full and complete...we feel so blessed! So there IS hope for a life of fullness and completion found purely in God and each other. It's possible (and wonderful)! But, I also know that God will give each one the desires of their hearts in due time.- His time. Carry on my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outlook on life and your trust in God truly humbles me. I love you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...