Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Love Letters

Our first anniversary has come and gone and we had a wonderful celebration. We went camping for a couple of days in La Conner and then headed to Bellingham for a night at the Bellwether hotel where we spent our wedding night. On our anniversary, we ate the top tier of our wedding cake which has been taking up space in Jeremy's parents freezer for the past year! It was still delicious, and the perfect camping breakfast.
We feel truly encouraged to see what God has done in us as individuals and as a couple in the past year and continue to pray for our future together. The first wedding anniversary is the 'paper' anniversary and for our gifts to each other we wrote love letters which we read aloud to one another, sitting on the balcony of our hotel room a year after we said our vows.

It was a beautiful moment and I loved making space to sit and tell Jeremy just how much and why I love him, and then to hear him share his heart, so vulnerable, with me. It was one of those moments when you want to stop time and just live in that moment for ever.





We watched this beautiful sun set from our balcony

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a WONDERFUL time! How fun! Thanks for stopping by to say hello over at WP! I can't wait to see pics of your bathroom redo. I'm s huge fan of bathrooms...it's weird. I know. I didn't know you were British! So you share my appreciation for fine tea... My recent favorite: Lavender Earl Grey. Divine! Happy Thursday friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shut. Up. You guys are too freakin' much. You should write books on marriage. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...