Friday, May 20, 2011

Hostess with the Mostess

My parents fly in today for a visit and we are excited to see them. I hope Seattle shows them a good time weather wise, this city can be a fickle friend in that department. Although it is going to be 70 degrees today, and the beautiful blue sky is already making it hard to finish my paper, there are no guarantees that it will be here to stay!

I am a busy bee getting the house ready. I made sure we had some Nescafe and lots of tea bags just for them.

There might be slim pickings on the blog in the next couple of weeks as I keep on top of homework while keeping the parents entertained!

I hope this trip can be a little redemptive. Last September when they were here we were going through miscarriage number 3 and I was not able to spend much time with them at all. And if I was with them, I was not exactly the best company. I know they completely understood but I don't get much time with them since I moved across the world, and I would really like to spend this visit doing fun things with them and making happy memories.

I am going to uncover our picnic table for the first time this year so we can make the most of the sunshine and BBQ tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...