Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Holla! Walla Walla...for starters

There is nothing like a few days away to feel refreshed. And that is exactly what we did this holiday weekend. My parents are in town, so the four of us headed east to Walla Walla. Washington wine country. Oh Yes!

The sunshine followed us, and we made the most of the heated outdoor pool and outdoor hot tub at the hotel. We visited 7 or so wineries while we were there - honestly they began to blur together after a while! ha ha

The wine tasting rooms were set in the vineyards and as we sipped on Merlot s and Cabs, Chardonnay and Riesling we had breathtaking views of the vineyards.

It has been a busy few weeks, and its not letting up for a while yet. I am in the last couple of weeks of school - and because of vacation and my parents visiting I am feeling the time crunch, we also have friends coming into town and staying Friday night - yes, the same Friday my parents leave. It is time for us to get our packet together to get the conditions removed from my Green card (I cannot believe it is time for that already!) oh, and did I mention I am throwing a bridal shower for my lovely friend Denice on Sunday?

Over committed? Maybe just a bit. But after this weekend I can focus on school and after next weekend I can begin to have a life again! I don't know how it happens, I try to strike a good balance but clearly in this particular instance I didn't do a good job. I hate how my body feels when it is carrying around so much nervous energy. My mind can't think clearly, and the smallest of tasks feel like such grand undertakings. I need to be better at putting time aside to be still.

And Jeremy and I are feeling ready for some time alone - Roll on Saturday date night!

Here are a few pics from our mini vacation


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...