Sunday, June 5, 2011

Bridal Shower 101

I have been to my fair share of bridal showers, especially I haven't been in the US for that many years, and they were not a tradition at home. I love to throw a party and boy do I love a theme, so when my friend Denice announced her engagement to Chris I was very excited at the opportunity to take all I had seen and done at other people's showers and throw one of my own for her.

The weather was warm (the sun tried to hide out behind the blanket of clouds, but we had warmth and we were not afraid to make the most of it! The theme was a garden tea. Who would have known when we planned it that we could actually be in the garden for some of it!!?

One of the things I treasure from one of my own bridal showers are the coasters that each of my girl friends made for me. Some are funny, some are sweet and they each remind me of their creator! So I thought how fun to recreate that for Denice. I was lucky to have a couple of other ladies helping with the planning and one of them offered to take charge of the craft - so the first important step to planning a shower.

The shower was 2-4pm so we didn't have to serve a full meal and could just make some fun things to munch on. Here is the menu

Summer Fruit plate and French Cream to dip
Cream cheese and cucumber sandwiches
apple turnovers - a specialty of co-planner Naiomi
Flourless chocolate cake with chocolate ganache

Lemonade
Blushing Bride cocktail (grenadine, peach schnapps and champagne - OMG this was good)

I always like to have a fun cocktail option at showers. It always goes down a treat with the guests, and this was received well by all the ladies!

We played a couple of fun games and then shared some words of wisdom with the bride as show opened her gifts. And a good time was had by all. Here are a few shots of the afternoon.

Flourless Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache - and Bride and Groom Toppers

Me with the Bride

Paper decorations - easy to make and so cute. Thank you Martha Stewart (and Mum for helping me make them!!)

Lemonade

The ladies crafting the coasters

Blessings to you Denice and Chris, wishing you so much love and laughter in the days ahead - Don't stress about the details, it will all work out. I am so excited to see you guys tie the knot in just a few short weeks. Enjoy these final days of anticipation before you begin your marriage adventure!

1 comment:

  1. Chrissie...this shower was amazing! (Also, I'm so excited to be part of your blog! I feel so special!!) The games were totally perfect--nothing cheesy or lame (as I have experienced at many other showers before) and the food was awesome! Although, I didn't realize that I had missed out on the french cream dip until I looked at the pictures--sad! Thank you so much...you are a wonderful friend and an amazing hostess. Love you!! ~Denice

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...