Thursday, June 30, 2011

On the Door Step

The wait is over.
I am grateful to have been able to take the day to lay around, hot pad on my belly, nothing on my agenda but to get through the day. Memories of laughter and fun yesterday at the sunny Mariner's game are easing the discomfort a little but I am ready to start feeling back to normal again. J has a 4-day weekend this week for the holidays so I am hoping to get all the school work I had set for tomorrow out of the way so we can just enjoy the day together.

This afternoon, my un-showered self heard the doorbell ring and decided I was much too scary looking and smelling to answer it. Plus it would mean a scramble to get out of P.J's and into clothes and honestly, I didn't have it in me. I didn't want to sign a petition or become a Mormon so what would be the point - very few people randomly ring our doorbell in the afternoon. So I turned over and lay my head back on the pillow.

A few minutes later I heard my phone buzz and there was a text message from my friend Liz informing me of a gift on my doorstep. When I went and took a peek, there were my fave Dove dark Chocolates. I couldn't believe it, I burst into tears I was so touched (and so craving chocolate!!!)

That was a wonderful highlight to an otherwise painful and boring day! Roll on tomorrow. The start of a four day weekend with my husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...