Tuesday, June 21, 2011

First day of Summer

This post is coming a little late in the day because I have been out enjoying the sunshine all day! Yes, it almost hit 80 degrees today and its been glorious. I have said it many times but Green Lake is one of my fave places and I spent some self indulgent time sipping on Jamba Juice and doing a little reading in the sun earlier, then I came home and did a little reading on the porch in the sun. I know, it's hard to be on break from school! I should mention I also vacuumed and did laundry so you don't think it was all play - but play did have the majority of my time today!

And on days like this I love how simple and delicious dinner can be. I chopped up some romaine lettuce, celery, strawberries, nectarines and cucumber - most from our box delivery and then poured on a little balsamic vinegar and voila! I needed a little something extra so I made some quick quesadillas too. A full tummy feels so good when it's full of good things.

After dinner, J went out to the beach to play some volleyball but I am so tired from all the sun today I stayed home. I had grand plans but can barely keep my eyes open so they never amounted to anything. I guess my body is trying to adjust to coping with lots of being outside in the sunshine...I am hoping it will be an adjustment I will get to use a lot this summer!! ha ha

I guess this post wasn't very interesting. It was not a day that will stand out in history for any particular reason, but boy it was a good day. So much beauty in my life, so many good people. Happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...