Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Whatcha doing?

Last week one of my devotionals was based on Eph 5:15, an urge to walk wisely and make good choices about our time.

The devotional gave the example of a small child asking through out the day, "whatcha doing?" What if God was asking that question to us throughout our day? How would we feel having to answer the questions about what we are doing with our time in the moment?

I struggle to make goo choices with my time, and to invest in the things that I would consider a priority. My values are sadly not always my priorities. This devotional has stuck with me and the still small voice of the Holy Spirit has been asking, "whatcha doing?" throughout my day.

Strangely enough, my homework is getting done, house projects are getting crossed off the list, I am eating better (the "whatcha doing"? that shouts loud when I reach for the chocolate has been a kicker in the best possible way!) I see God's leading in my day. I feel better about what I am doing and making time for the things I value makes me like who I am a whole lot more too.

I am far from perfect, but I am thankful that God is working with me as I am and calling me to something greater.

Now the voice is asking me "whatcha doing?" so I am off to change laundry (thrilled to be able to hang it outside to dry in the sunshine!), do some reading for school, write a paper and wander down to get some iced coffee as a reward. Good day ahead.

Whatcha doing today?

3 comments:

  1. Lookin' good around here Chrissie! I'm loving the idea of this post. What a great reminder! I'm going to try to listen for that still small "whatya doin'?" as I go about my day. Hope your July 4th was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great post! I love that idea! God is always aware of every action and every thought. It's always good to constantly be in thought of what we would be doing if we could visibly see Him standing over us. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...