Thursday, September 27, 2012

Snuggly kind of day

I love holding babies. And I really love holding my baby. However, during the day there are times when I need both hands and so I put my baby down, in our house this happens most when Levi is sleeping _ He likes to nap in the baby swing. However this morning I woke up with a really sore throat and low energy and as the day is progressing so is the "I am getting a cold" realisation. Buggy did take his morning nap in the swing while I pumped and did a few other bits and pieces, like shower, but the tiredness of the cold is hitting now. I decided to give in to it. I am snuggled on the couch with my boy fast asleep and snoring on my chest. While he sleeps I am catching up on some junky TV and drinking tea. Oh, and blogging it would seem. This is my first sickness in a long time, and certainly post baby and I am really hoping and praying that Levi stays healthy. His diet is mostly super immune system building mama milk so he should be invincible, right? And that's about as exciting as it gets in our house today. Sometimes it takes being a little under the weather to force you to slow down, and that's exactly what happened. While I do not enjoy feeling poorly, today was not a bad day. It involved lots of tea and snuggles. I am making the most of the thick sofa blankets that have been neglected through the summer months. Pork chops with apples and green beans on the menu tonight. That feels like a comfort food meal. I like that (head cold aside) I feel together enough to get back into the kitchen a little bit. Even with my sore throat, this meal doesn't feel like too much effort and while I make it, Daddy will be doing the baby snuggling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...