Monday, August 22, 2011

Second Anniversary

I cannot believe that today we are celebrating our second wedding anniversary. What crazy ride it has been so far!

I waited for along time to meet my Prince but boy, I just wish I had known how much God would out do himself when he brought Jeremy into my life. It would have made the waiting easier. And something of that lesson is a comfort as I think ahead to the child God will bring into our lives.

This year has been tough. But I love my husband more today than I did this time last year, and much more than the day we said "I do". I never thought that would be possible, but I am so glad it is.

There have definitely been growing pains in our second year, we have faced up to some pieces of ourselves which are not so pretty but in one another we have found constant love, forgiveness and grace. And in each other we find the strength to be transformed. To become more of the people God designed to be. To model honesty, generosity, integrity, hospitality, love, forgiveness to our community and the world.

I think our home has mirrored our marriage. When we bought the house, it was livable. We thought we knew what we were getting into!

After we moved in we discovered stains on the carpet that we hadn't noticed before and had to do a pretty big renovation to replace it all after we realised we couldn't just cover it up.

And then there are the other improvements wee have made. We have smoothed rough walls and changed their colours, found furniture that works for us and begun to feel more comfortable here.

It's taken two years to get to this comfortable point in our house. And in our marriage.

We got married thinking we knew what was coming. We found some issues that didn't surface until after we had been married a little while and they were not something we could live with and we had to take action to make changes. Then we got into a rhythm, we began to work together and now we are starting to feel really comfortable in the skin of our marriage.

Sadly, J had a last minute business trip to L.A. which he left for yesterday afternoon but he's back tonight. It feels sad not wake up on our anniversary in the same bed, but we woke up in different beds on our wedding day too. (I was in the house we now call home so my bridesmaids could all come and get ready here, and J had to sleep on the bed in his parents trailer because the beds in their house were full of our of town family visiting for the wedding, Oh memories! ha ha

I really wanted to add a couple of pics from our day - I mean, who doesn't love a good wedding picture? But they are not on this computer, so instead, here is a link to the first post on this blog from two years ago with a couple of my faves from the day. Enjoy!

Happy Anniversary my love, I can't wait to see what year three holds!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I love your comparison between your marriage and home: It's true. We all thing we know how things will go and then they don't turn out the way we plan. God has an awesome way of working things out.

    ICLW
    Jess
    Life in the White House

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary and you were a BREATHTAKING bride!!! I loved the analogy between marriage and the new home. It's not always what we think it is...but when you put the work in..it can be better than you ever dreamed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When are you going to write a book? You are a master with your words, so wise, I love reading your blogs. Happy Anniversary, lots of love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! I hope every year is better than the one before

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...