Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's day 2012

When Mother's day rolled around, my swollen belly made me feel very secure about celebrating my motherhood. This past weekend it was Father's day and Jeremy was slightly more hesitant to celebrate because he felt as though his fatherhood was still impending. I can understand why he might feel slightly like he was jumping the gun by celebrating before our son is here, but personally I feel like he deserved to be celebrated :)

While he may not have changed diapers or been woken up through the night or got spit up on. But he has been there to feel kicks, he has rubbed oil on my belly to avoid stretch marks. he has rubbed my back and feet each night when I am tired. He tells me I am beautiful. He makes meals when I am too tired, and generally does everything he can to make pregnancy as comfortable as possible and in doing that, he is the being a wonderful father.

Not to mention, he painted the nursery, put together the crib, researched all the gadgets that parents could ever need for their baby and made sure that we were making smart purchases. Again, totally being a good dad.

So of course, I did my best to celebrate him because this was his first real Father's day celebration and I wanted him to feel special, honored and appreciated.

Our church does not start early on Sunday morning and we still have a struggle to get going and out of the door on time - and yes, every week we comment about how much more of a struggle it will be to get out with our babe too! We have some really cute jammies for him so if we don't manage to get him dressed he'll still look cute! ha ha! All that to say, I was under no illusion that I would be up in time to make J breakfast in bed so I woke up early on Saturday and made waffles (his fave) eggs and bacon and woke him up with that. I had also got him a card and some fun gifts, including chocolate cigars fro Godiva. After all, all new daddies should have a cigar, right?!

I think that he felt appreciated. I hope so.

Happy Father's Day to all the daddies out there :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...