Friday, June 22, 2012

Hello summer?

Summer has arrived in Seattle. I can tell because I am sitting inside with the heat on, wearing a sweater and drinking tea as I watch the rain pour outside.

It's why we love this place, right?

Earlier today, my fave little Miss Z celebrated her final day of first grade with field day. The rains came but it did little to dampen the spirits of her and her classmates as they ran with ping pong balls on spoons and did the 50 meter dash with smiles and laughter. Watching the kids chomping on their popsicles at the end of the morning, as we all took cover under the canopy of some trees, shivering and soaking wet made me fall in love with Seattle a little more. They raise them hearty here.

I foresee standing in the rain watching many a soccer or baseball game in my capacity as "soccer mum". In a few years, investing in a good raincoat and waterproof shoes will be essential to keep a smile on my face as I cheer for my boy :)

So on this wet first Friday of summer my sweet husband who tells me often I am "awfully pregnant" to be *insert everyday activity here, is taking me out to dinner so I don't have to cook.

Happy Seattle Summer to me - and all of you who live here in the PNW :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...