Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The day in bullet points

It looks like the sunshine is trying to shine again today. Looks like some outside reading is on the cards for the afternoon. That makes me smile and also makes me want to get some good outdoor furniture which can help us make the most of our limited outdoor space.

I am IN LOVE with the Passion Fruit cake from Macrina Bakery. My sister-in-law brought one to Easter lunch and very generously let us keep the leftover few slices. By us, I mean me and the baby. That may not have been her intention but it is the reality of what happened. Here is the description from their website, and if you ever get a chance to try one. Do it!
"Rich white chocolate cake with passion fruit Bavarian cream and fresh raspberry preserves. Frosted beautifully with passion fruit buttercream."

I got a package from Amazon this morning with cute crib sheets that I had ordered for the nursery. I know that baby boy won't even be sleeping in the nursery until the winter but it feels good and motherly to get things ready in there. I cannot wait to fill the dresser with his cute little jammies and vests. (Just typing that made my voice go all squeaky.)

Last night, I found J standing, staring into the nursery closet looking at the baby clothes with a goofy smile on his face. "Whatcha doing?" I asked. "These clothes are so small" he replies. Melt my heart.

Baby boy is kicking more and more, stronger and stronger. Steals me heart every time. And steals my sleep during the hours of 10pm and 7am!

We signed the paperwork for our doula today. Feeling blessed that we can have her support for the birth but going through the paperwork and answering questions about our birth preferences is slightly scary!

Still trying to stay in denial that this kid will be coming out of my body someday. It's getting trickier - see above.

I have memorized the phone number of Babies-R-Us.

2 comments:

  1. This might be my favorite post! :-)
    you could have offered my baby boy a slice of heaven yesterday.....i mean i didn't want to ask when you showed it to me, but that was a terrible tease!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute!!!! At Addie's first birthay, someone gave her a size 18 mon. outfit. Brian asked, "Is she going to get that big?" Hahaha.... every one said almost simultaneously, "She's going to get bigger than that!"

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...