Wednesday, April 25, 2012

On a lighter note...

Wow - so who knew that Baby Wise would have been such a controversial post topic?! I have more thoughts to share as I have continued reading but I think I will wait a little! Thank you for all your comments, encouragements and suggestions of other resources and books. I am a mama-to-be sponge at the moment so I will be checking them all out.

It's a gloomy day here in Seattle, and I just had beans on toast and a cup of tea for lunch, something comforting about eating like I never left England :)

I had to go on campus for one of my classes today and it felt good to be back there. I even bumped into some former classmates which was nice. Helps to feel less anonymous in the seas of people! Everyone's schedule is so different quarter to quarter so it felt like real a treat to see them.

I wanted to share this latest addition to our nursery stash! I do not want to have too much Pooh in the nursery (although, I don't know if you can ever have to much of that particular silly old bear) but I think that the lamp will be a sweet addition. What do you think? We are pulling out the grey blue and the cream from the lamp for the walls.


Tonight we are planning to head over to Home Depot and get some paint - low VOC of course - for the nursery. I can't wait for it to all come together. Let's be honest I have been dreaming about making a nursery for decades so this is a delight! All the pieces carefully selected to make the place our son will lay his head.

I am hoping that when my Mum is here to visit in a month or so she'll be up for some nursery sewing projects. She and Jeremy's Mom are handy with the sewing machine and I see a day of total baby-prep ahead as the final touches come together for our little man's arrival.

After this week, I only have 7 weeks left of this quarter and it cannot come soon enough. As I am sure you have been able to gauge from my recent blog posts my head is somewhere else :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Chrissie... I was reading your post and when you said you don't want too much Pooh in the nursery and I saw the photo... I thought you were making a joke about poo... Your lamp looked strangly like our nappy bin for about 5 seconds... and I thought Pooh for a nappy bin would have been strangely appropriate! Lol... Anyway... you have made me laugh this morning.... I am having a pretty stressful time... we are moving house in just over 2 weeks and it is not easy organising ANYTHING with 2 little ones to look after! Hope you are having a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lamp is adorable. Our first Ds had a Pooh room:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...