Sunday, July 22, 2012

Bragging just a bit

As I walked into church this morning we were greeted by friends eager to see us and of course, check in with us about the growing belly. It was exciting that when people asked how long we had left until our due date we could reply, "a week and a half". (One week and a half!! Where did the time go?!!) I am realising that my fear about giving birth has almost totally been replaced with peaceful and excited anticipation to get on with it!

I have to take this opportunity to brag on my hubby for a bit. This afternoon, he disappeared upstairs and I could hear him moving and arranging things. He was clearing out the closet in the nursery, painting and priming some shelves, vacuuming and even put on a couple of loads of laundry. I love how pregnancy is affecting my husband :) I was able to sit with my feet up, grumbling to myself about being uncomfortable and bless his heart, he let me and still made sure I had drinks and snacks while he worked away upstairs.

There are many times I know I am blessed to have found this man to share my life with and this afternoon was certainly one of them. Especially when I thanked him for working so hard and he responded by saying, "You are working hard too, thank you for having my baby." Swoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...