Friday, July 6, 2012

Sunny Friday

We just got home from an afternoon at the beach. I love that J's job has some flexibility for his to take off early every now and then. I especially like it when he can get away on a sunny day and get to enjoy some of the glorious sunshine himself. I was very good and put on sunscreen before we headed out, but I thin our sunning out lasted my lotion and I am feeling a slight tingle on my chest, I guess we'll see just how pink I m later. Hope it's not too bad but I guess a nasty case of sunburn might take my mind off the belly discomfort...or it may just add to it?! Oops!

I am sitting on my couch, baseball on TV (Go Mariners!) waiting for dinner to cook. Luckily I had something that I made earlier to throw in the oven as soon as we got back. I have been starting to build our freezer for the weeks and months after the baby and the recipe I made today was a double. Not only do we have a pan freezing, we will have full bellies tonight with minimal effort :) I am always looking for recipes which are still tasty after being frozen, so as we eat things post-baby I will keep track of what still tasted fresh and what didn't fare so well after the freeze/defrost/cook process and post my successful recipes. If you have any good ones to share I would love to hear them.

I think J is nesting, I just saw his weight bench go past on the way to being relegated to the garage from it's former home in the now nursery. The weights will be following quickly behind. It's a new era. I wonder if the bench will know more love or less now it's in there?

I measured my belly earlier and I am now 43 inches around at my largest. I have gained around 30lbs so far give or take. While that feels like a ton, I hope it won't be too crazy to lose after he's here. I have lots of clothes I would like to be able to fit in again. I also know I could have another 5 or 6 weeks to go which I am told may mean another lb a week. If this hot weather continues, all my calories will be from ice cream :)


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a nice Friday. I too have been freezing meals. Have about 5 so far. I need to get on my game and make a few more(when im feeling up to it). Cute that J is nesting!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...