Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Nothing ventured, nothing gained

I have a love hate relationship with cleaning my bathroom. I love when it's clean but I hate cleaning it. I found out a while ago, that it cuts cleaning time down significantly if I clean the shower right after someone has taken a shower and the tiles and grout are warm and wet from the water and steam. However, after I have taken a shower and stepped out all nice and clean, the lat thing I want to do is head back in there and get all hot and bothered while I scrub. I realised that it is much better to get in, wash my hair and then clean while the water is still running so I can rinse myself and the tiles before I get out and we'll both be clean!

Now, the reason my bathroom looks like it hasn't seen a good clean in a couple of weeks is because it hasn't...but my excuse is that I keep forgetting to being up my cleaning supplies. I usually remember I should have brought them up somewhere between the shampooing and the rinsing and repeating. Last night, I thought I would be so on top of my game and put the cleaning supplies and even the mop in the bathroom so it would be there ready for action when I fell out of bed and into the shower this morning. How could I forget when I literally had to trip over the soft scrub it to get in the shower? Well, turns out I can't forget but that is why I am still in bed writing this, avoiding the dreaded cleaning by avoiding showering. HA!

Ok, no more bathroom talk.

My blood test came back at 4, not the 0 that I would have loved to see but I guess anything under 5 is considered negative so we have the all clear to start trying again if we want. We are both still feeling hopeful that we could have a healthy pregnancy so I think we are game for trying again -at least at the time this goes to print! I am going to start acupuncture soon to see if that can help get my hormones back at good levels. I have heard some amazing stories of this treatment, even though the idea of needles everywhere kinda creeps me out, I feel like it is a good direction for us. Nothing ventured, nothing gained I guess.

And on that note I have to venture into the bathroom!

3 comments:

  1. I'm embarrassed to say how long it's been since I actually scrubbed my shower. I usually take a towel and just wipe it down right after I get out...does that count? :-) Cleaning the bathroom is one of my least favorite jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha, I'll have to try the towel thing. Our shower is white, but I know it's been too long when the pink stuff builds up everywhere! I think I had to clean less when we used regular cleaners but since we switched to the natural ones they don't seem to keep it as clean. However, I feel much better about breathing in any fumes they put out than the bleach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After seeing the link to your blog on Facebook for about a year, I finally clicked on it and read it...backwards. :) Thanks for letting us peer inside your heart. You are brave. It is from the depths that the highest joy is eventually reached.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...