Monday, January 24, 2011

A symbol of what we have lost and who we have become

For a while now I have wanted to get something to symbolise the babies we have lost, and the journey we have taken over the past year. A friend who went through a miscarriage at the same time as me had told me about a necklace she got after hers which you could put a birth stone in, and so she had the birth stone of her daughter and of the baby she had lost. It helped her to have something physical as a memorial to the child she would never meet (on this earth). Since then I have been keeping an eye out for something that could serve this purpose for me. With so many miscarriages, it felt little too much to get something for each of them, and in reality I want to remember the whole of this time. Not just the losses but the grief of this time, the strength of our marriage and the storms we have endured. The other day whilst browsing Etsy.com I saw this and I just knew this would be my memorial.

Something that says, "We miss you little ones and even as life moves on we often think about you and wonder aloud about who you would have been" but also says, "we are choosing to let this season make us stronger together."

Our little ones flew to heaven. But they will always be in my heart, and I will always have Jeremy by my side.

3 comments:

  1. its beautiful and perfect... praying for you girl!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissie, That is a beautiful symbol. - Oh, and your hubby's b=day trip looked like so much fun. I'm so happy for you...feeling good, and enjoying life.- I pray it continues! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...